Innovative Tennis Training Aid – Saber Racquet ReviewAlbert Murata
First was the wooden Tennis Pointer, and now there’s the graphite Saber Racquet! Check out this innovation made by Functional Tennis
The original Tennis Pointer helps players develop three main areas in their game.
- Sweetspot – Helps the player understand the proper contact point.
- Footwork – Helps train the player to concentrate on their movement and footwork to hit consistently in the sweetspot.
- Ball Toss – Helps develop consistency in the player’s ball toss location, which is the foundation of proper technique.
Now, with the upgraded Saber racquet, you get everything listed above, plus the following.
You get the feel and sound of an actual racquet when you make perfect contact.
- Headsize – 37 sq. in.
- Weight – 300 grams
- Length – 25 inches
- Swingweight – 270
- Stiffness – 69
- String Pattern – 12×12
- Straight Beam – 22 mm
You can generate spin on the ball without adjusting your grip or swing pattern.
- With the Tennis Pointer, hitting with spin was difficult since the wood surface would tend to make the ball slide right off. Because of this, it would also cause you to focus on hitting the ball flatter and possibly altering your swing.
- With a bit of practice, the Saber allows you to hit more naturally and apply spin to the ball.
You get comfortable feedback and can play with it for hours.
- With the Tennis Pointer, hitting with a racquet constructed of all wood would cause some discomfort to players with arm issues.
- The Saber has a solid and plush feel.
If you’re a racquet technician and would like to join a community of like-minded people please visit our Membership page at www.gssalliance.com/join/ to join us. Already a basic member? You’ll find an easy upgrade link on the join page to become a Premium member.
IART Premium Members have FULL access to all content and exclusive membership directories. Knowledge is power, so become a Premium member and get THAT power!