New Wilson Triad ThreeTim Strawn
I remember talking to a friend at Wilson and he was sharing how the original concept of the Triad came to life and was actually sketched out on a napkin. It’s probably not the first idea that came to mind over a meal right? Those of us who have tested a Triad racquet on a Babolat RDC know how soft these frames truly are which accounts for much of the comfort the Triad design provides.
This racquet is well suited for beginner and intermediate level players. Triad technology produces a very low stiffness rating and the addition of Wilson’s Power Hole technology is another testament as to why it’s a leader within the industry at reducing impact vibration, a factor that is often associated with tennis elbow and other arm related injuries. You’re looking at a generous 113 square inch head size which in turn, lends itself to a great margin of error. Frame length is 27.5″, giving the player a little extra zip and spin on the ball. At 6 points Head Heavy the balance of this frame is well suited for players who live on the baseline and appreciate additional help from the racquet when it comes to generating pace and depth on the ball. This is definitely a contender from Wilson for those who have had arm issues in the past and are determined to stay on the court with the assurance they need that their racquet will not result in a revisit to past health problems.
Let’s take a look at the new Triad Three.
- Triad features a 3-piece racquet system to separate hoop and handle with softer Isozorb pads, providing ideal comfort and power
- Hammer Technology places more weight in the head for greater stability and easy power
- Power Holes increase ball dwell time for enhanced responsiveness and feel
- The extra length provides extended reach and court coverage
- Oversized head generates impressive power and added forgiveness with enlarged sweet spot
|Head Size:113 in / 729.03 cm|
|Length:27.5in / 69.85cm|
|Strung Weight:9.8oz / 278g|
|Balance:14.56in / 36.98cm / 6 pts HH|
|Stiffness:N/A (very low)|
|Beam Width:26mm / 30mm / 26mm|
|Grip Type:Wilson Synthetic|
|String Tension:50-60 pounds|
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.